Overview of the Committee:
The Technical Advisory Committee (TAC) is the lead advisory committee for the project and is intended to provide project direction, engagement recommendations, technology products, serve as a sounding board for project opportunities and challenges, and help ensure the overall success of the project.
The TAC is composed of representatives from the California Energy Commission (CEC) and project leads (EPRI and CALSTART), chairs and co-chairs from the other advisory committees, industry experts, and government agency representatives.
- Provide guidance in project direction. The guidance may include scope and methodologies, timing, and coordination with other projects. The guidance may be based on:
- Technical area expertise;
- Knowledge of market applications; or
- Linkages between the agreement work and other past, present, or future projects (both public and private sectors) that TAC members are aware of in a particular area.
- Review products and provide recommendations for product adjustments, refinements, or enhancements;
- Evaluate the tangible benefits of the project to the state of California, and provide recommendations as needed to enhance the benefits;
- Provide recommendations regarding information dissemination, market pathways, or commercialization strategies relevant to the project products;
- Set the project team’s goals and contribute to the development and evaluation of its statement of proposed objectives as the project evolves;
- Provide a credible and objective sounding board on the wide range of technical and financial barriers and opportunities;
- Identify key areas where the project has a competitive advantage, value proposition, or strength upon which to build;
- Advocate, to the extent the TAC members feel is appropriate, on behalf of the project in its effort to build partnerships, governmental support and relationships with a national spectrum of influential leaders;
- Ask probing questions that ensure a long-term perspective on decision-making and progress toward the project’s strategic goals.